Create3D Instructions and Kit Listings
SlicersConvert 3D model to layered gcode toolpath
- Slic3r - Start with this one
- SFACT - Simplified skeinforge.
- SkeinForge - All the knobs and dials
- E3D - Super fast, nowhere near as many features as sfact and skeinforge.
- WebSkein - Incomplete.
Senders:Send layered gcode toolpath to printer.
Firmware:Install on printer, converts gcode toolpath to stepper pulses and heater control
- Sprinter - The tried+true favourite. Start with this one.
- Marlin - has move blending for smoother+faster corners
- Teacup - Pioneered many techniques, less popular than Sprinter or Marlin
- SJFW - Numerous experimental features, pushing the envelope.
- Matt Roberts' Firmware - First to implement Extruder Advance, an important algorithm for high speed printing
Australian Parts Suppliers
- AusXMods - Get your stepper motors and drivers here - specifically 5xNEMA17 62oz.in motor, and 4xA4983 carrier
- Little Bird Electronics - Supplies the slightly more robust A4988 carrier board ("pololu")
- EMakerShop - not strictly an Australian site, but many Australian RepRappers sell their parts here